* Started this detox diet for the week (day 4 today!) and I'm feeling pretty good. If you are curious if you have food allergies, this is a simple place to start. I have been eating a banana and oatmeal for breakfast, almonds and apples for a snack, lentil soup for lunch, carrots & celery with hummus for an afternoon snack, and salmon or tilapia with brown rice and greens for dinner. Though I have been cheating with dark chocolate for dessert I feel great!
* Spent a lot of time on Foodgawker this week checking out recipe links and pinning them for later. Looks like Craftgawker is going to get a lot of attention from me today.
* Love this video, this video, this video, and this video. All of which made me smile or stop in awe of amazing people and their accomplishments.
* Some new bands (to me) that I am loving lately. The Paper Kites, Pearl and the Beard, Peter Wolf Crier, Ben Howard, and Milo Greene.
* A few great "How To" projects that will help keep me busy on this cozy day...
- 99 cent store candles with copper designs. These are gorgeous!
- Driftwood Photo Hanger - I'm thinking this would be a great jewelry organizer if you sub the clips for a few cute hooks instead. So simple!
- Herbal Salves for soft hands, feet, elbows, or any other part of your body that needs moisturizing.
- Dying Faded Denim - Give your faded jeans a fix. And here is a simple tutorial on how to hem them so they keep the original hemline.
- Lovelocks tutorial for a fun hair accessory. I especially like the song in the video.
- Cute DIY clutch, I like the top and bottom options, but I think I will make it a little larger with a even more raw and organic look.
- Fun video on how to transfer a photo to wood. I definitely need to try this.
So...for those of you here in the PNW who are having a snow day, I hope these links give you a little extra something to fill your day. En-joy and Stay warm!